Monday, May 9, 2016

My Fairy-tale for Springtime part 4

Around nine o clock, Queen Rachel went into labor. The fairies appeared in a flash to assist her as midwives. The queen was frightened, but the fairies combed her hair with their fingers and told her soothing things. Soon the baby was born. It was pink and red as a rose. The fairy queen held up the baby to the queen.
“It is a girl, what will you name her?”
"She looks like a rose, blotchy and red, I shall call her Rose Red,”
"She is only that way because she has just been born your majesty, still, it is a beautiful name. We shall announce it to the kingdom in a grand celebration, me and my eleven fairies shall each give a blessing.”
So everyone gathered in the palace chapel for a grand baptism of the baby girl. Once she was blessed by the bishop, everyone brought their gifts to the dais and set them around the cradle. They were lovely and practical things a princess could use. There was a glided chest full of linen, a writing desk with a quill and ink, a bench and throne to use for meals, a spinning wheel, and a magic mirror.
After the mortals gave their gifts, it was the fairies’ turn. They formed a line to the cradle the first to come up was the fairy queen. She tapped her wand on the baby’s forehead and said.
“I grant you the gift of grace, may you win all the hearts around you with your manners and dancing” the next fairy came up and said.
“I give you the gift of youth, so that you will never age past sixteen.” And so forth each fairy gave her gift.
“My gift is that you will always stay beautiful and worries and warts will not never show on your face”
“I give you the power to be brave, for a woman needs all the courage she can in this world”
“I bestow upon you a positive attitude to use as a tool to solve your problems in life”
“I bless you with a creative mind so that you can make your world a more fun place”
“I give you a sense of empathy and charity, so that your heart won’t become cold and selfish”
“I give you the ability to love everyone and forgive, even your enemies
“I give you maternal instincts, which will be useful later in life to help you nurture and care for others”  
“Intuition is a very important thing to have, it can save you from folly”
“I give you nimble fingers, useful for sewing and all crafts.

“I give you a sense of shame and humility so your head won’t be full of air” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May Playlist